Easy and Consistent Pour Over (Hario V60) Brew Guide
1. Grind your coffee to a medium grind, or use Cauz pre-ground
2. Place your filter paper in the brewer and pre-wet it with boiling water (to get rid of any 'paper' taste)
3. Add your coffee to the brewer
- Use 15g (1 tablespoon) of coffee per 250g water
- Reset your scales to zero before you pour your water
- Use water that is just off-the-boil
5. Stir and leave to 'bloom' for 20 seconds
6. Gently pour, in circles, the remaining water
- Try not to pour directly onto the paper
- Don't pour too aggressively as it disturbs the coffee
7. Give your V60 a gentle swirl - this takes any grounds off the sides of the paper, settling them to the bottom.
8. Wait for all the water to drain through (this is called the draw-down), then discard of the coffee and filter
- We generally pour for 3 seconds, break for 3 seconds, pour for 3 seconds etc. This gives a nice even pour.
- You'll know you've done a good brew if, after the water has drained through, the remaining coffee is a nice flat 'bed'. Well done!