Quick-Start Cafetière / French Press Brew Guide
1. Grind your coffee to a medium-coarse grind, or use Cauz pre-ground
2. Add your coffee and water to the cafetière.
- The ratio of coffee to water is 30g (2 tablespoons) coffee per 500ml (500g) water. This makes 2 cups. To make one cup, just halve that.
- Use water that is just off-the-boil
3. Place plunger on top of cafetière (don't plunge yet) and steep for 4 minutes
4. Press plunger all the way down and pour slowly
- Pre-heat the cafetière by swilling with a little hot water
- When adding the plunger, push down to sit just above the water level
- For a really clean cup: after steeping, scoop off any floating grounds before plunging